Drumkilly Development Group
  • About Drumkilly

    Drumkilly is situated in the western portion of Crosserlough parish in county Cavan and encompasses about 48 townlands.

    It stretches from Drumheel to Ardleny and from Ardkill to Kill and most of the townlands are in the barony of Clanmahon. Drumkilly townland is the heart of the area and is about 2.5 miles from Kilnaleck and 4 miles from Ballinagh.

    St Joseph’s church was built in 1846 and the school was erected in 1975. Drumkilly once had a thriving mill operated by the Galligan family and indeed the area has the appearance of a village as one travels from the Derrin side.

    Paddy Smith ( Lough) from Kilderry who had a great interest in history and lore claimed that Drumkilly was once a village with grocery shops and a public house. The public house was situated in Terry Reilly’s house which is now derelict and would have been a shebeen.